Thursday, October 6, 2011

Rainbeans and Coffeedrops


Later that night,,,
Sweet candles with the essence of fall
Psalm 19
Eyes Full of Rose playing softly in the background
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtZHpCGycKs)
Open window
Chilling breeze dancing with the curtains
Raindrops diving into the makeshift creek between the curb and the street
Minutes like hours
Pen and paper neglected
Peace.

          I've heard it said that if the devil cannot draw you away from God with sin, he'll try to do it with business. Just a couple weeks ago, this was exactly the tactic he was using/I was falling for. 
If you've not heard the story about the mayonnaise jar and the two cups of coffee, then go here to read it: http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=11060

           What bothers me about this story, is that there is no empty space in the jar. I've found that before even putting sand in the jar, I have to set apart some space in the jar where I will put absolutely nothing. One of my golf balls has to be time alone with God and look to Him for my strength and refreshment, but I still have to leave room for nothing in there too. I don't want to get burned out and end up being completely mechanical and useless for pouring God's love into the students here and my family alike.

          Tonight I took one of my lovely one-on-ones to a coffee shop called Sambalatte, and it was absolutely lovely. Live music, comfy chairs, and even a few people I know. Being there reminded me of this story, and after thinking on it a bit, it reminded me that I hadn't updated my blog in a while! And now we've come full circle.

          On that note, I need to head off to bed so that I will be awake enough to worship Jesus to the max in the morning. Woot woot! I am excite.

No comments:

Post a Comment